Saturday, August 6, 2016

elf Matte Lip Color Review and Swatches

This formula is really comfortable for every day wear. Longevity is reasonable; if you eat oily stuff it will fade, but it will fade nicely. Reapplying or layering the product is not difficult, nor does it look cakey. I also love that these are thinner than traditional bullet lipsticks. There is more precision when applying the lip product. These lip colors have a sharpener in case the tip becomes too blunt to line your lips. I highly recommend these lippies. Below are the colors I purchased with my own money. 





 Rich Red



This is a neutral red but may come off slightly blue-toned with yellower skin tones. It has a demi-matte finish. I don't like this color on its own for my skin tone. I prefer this under a warm-red lip color.

Rowdy Rouge
I love this color. It is a true scarlet color. It looks great with my complexion and trendy for the summer look. This is also demi-matte, but feels slightly drier than Rich Red, but still comfortable.

Catwalk Orange
This a pinky-orange color. It is sheer and needs about 3 swipes to build to its full opacity. I have very pigmented lips so the way it swatched on my hand did not show up the same way on my lips. I think it clashed with my lip color so this color is a pass for me. Also, this color was more of a cream finish.

Praline
I love this color and it was demi-matte. The color is a brownie-pink and looks great on its own or under lighter lip colors.

Scarlet Night
This is a dark-purple berry color. It goes on a little more patchy than the other colors I got. I would skip this color. If you already bought this I would recommend using a lip liner or another lipstick underneath it, but it kind of defeats the purpose of this product.



Overall:
Although some colors were misses for me, I really liked these products and will be getting more colors. These are not true mattes, rather they are comfortable demi-mattes. For $3 it is great and you can find them on sale for an even better deal. They are also a cruelty-free product, however, it is not vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment